I thought putting them in tea cups would be a nice touch.
Since I can't find the recipe on their website, I think it will be okay to share it here.
Sakurambo Tea Jelly Recipe (from a Lupicia recipe)
- 4 tsp Sakurambo loose tea
- 1 cup hot water
- 2.5 envelopes gelatin
- 7 tbsp sugar (I used 6 and would probably reduce it further, but that's my taste)
- 3.5 cups cold water
- Steep the tea in hot water for 3-5 minutes and strain.
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin with sugar and slowly stir in the cold water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Combine gelatin mixture with tea and pour into molds.
- Chill in refrigerator for six hours and serve with honey syrup (2 tbsp honey, 4 tbsp water-I made it with tea instead of plain water)
Verdict: Once you get over the fact that you are eating tea jello, it's a fairly tasty, light summer dessert. I will probably try this again with some of the other teas lurking in my cabinets, as it seems to be a good way to move through the stash.
Now to get back to the knitting...
Edit: Hey Mar - You think this is "fine dining" wait until I tell you about the mac 'n cheese I made . . . in the rice cooker!