Saturday, January 24, 2009

Blue Sky Swap


BSA Swap 2
Originally uploaded by Hapagirl Knits.
I've gotten so used to posting on Ravelry that I neglected to post about the Blue Sky Alpaca swap over here. My secret swapper was Trumom, who also lives here in the Bay Area. When I received my package, I found out that she had requested to be my swap partner! We're both half-Asian and teachers, so we do have a couple of things in common.

I was SO SPOILED ROTTEN, it's not even funny!

She sent me a wonderful project bag in a Japanese print, three packets of Soak wool wash, and the sock blocker
key chain that I had been coveting. She also sent me Japanese goodies! Japanese snack food, a very pretty fan, some chopsticks with a kitty on them (maneki neko-good luck cat), some bath salts (I think that’s what they are), and a daruma. I think Trumom was stalking me in the bento group, because she also sent along some supplies to jazz up my bento lunch! No more boring triangular rice balls for me; I’ll be pulling stars, hearts, and bears out of my lunch box :-D All this, and I haven't even mentioned the YARN yet! Trumom gifted me with four skeins of Blue Sky baby alpaca; two skeins of an amazing red and two of a pretty plum/eggplant color. She also introduced me to the magic of Malabrigo, with the gift of a skein in a beautiful blue.

I am still so very grateful for the thought and care that went into this package. Thanks again,
Trumom!

No comments: