Saturday, April 28, 2007

Further Proof That I am Eight

About a year after my divorce was final, I suddenly started to feel the urge to wear pink. Now I like to fancy myself as a typical urbanite -- my garb is usually black, greys, dark browns, blues, and brick red. But suddenly, something strange happened to me. Pink! Bright! Happy! I felt all young and girly (o.k. that's laying it on with a trowel, but you get the idea)


I was never a big Hello Kitty fan, but this pink thing started to lead me there. It started innocently enough, an eraser here, a pen there, a pencil, or a sticker. Funny -- students pick up on the smallest things about their teacher. It's led to this:

A Hello Kitty keychain from one of my little girls. I added it to the Shrine 'o Kitty. Almost everything in the shrine was a gift from a student (Except for the HK ipod player. My excuses for that would be: 1-Target clearance aisle rocks! & 2- It was cheaper than the grown-up version). I don't have the heart to tell them that I'm kind of over it by now.
I think that's why I get along so well with my students ... mentally, we're the same age!

**********************************************************************************

I had a question about the stitchmarkers I made. The Hello Kitty pieces came from Target. They are actually shoe charms for little kids. I just took them off their jump rings and wire wrapped them, so there would be less to snag at the yarn.

No comments: