Sunday, April 29, 2007

She Who Sleeps on My Head

Shortly before Christmas, I sprained my sacroiliac joint, or as my chiropractor put it, I sprained my butt (not like you really needed to know that). I started getting adjustments and he sent me home with exercises, orders to stop sleeping on my stomach, and a very fancy pillow that cradles your head and makes it easier to stay on your back when you sleep.

When he sold me the pillow, my chiropractor told me that he had to chase his cat off the pillow every night. "Oh that will never happen to me," I thought, "My older cat sleeps at the foot of the bed and the new one is too afraid of alpha cat to sleep with me." Yeah, right. One week later, I wake up, roll over, and am greeted with this:

Good-bye fancy pillow, hello expensive cat bed.

No comments: