Saturday, June 23, 2007

Embossed Leaves Baby Hat and Sock Questions

Thank goodness my colleagues keep having babies (at least four more due by the end of the year). It will give me a chance to knit this hat. It's hella cute! The hat was based on the embossed leaves sock pattern from the winter 2005 edition of Interweave Knits. Hmm.. I have that issue...maybe I'll knit the socks too.

I've become a little sock obsessed, even though I have not finished my first pair yet. I have some more sock yarn, but I'm not quite sure what to knit next. I don't think I want to knit a plain sock again - maybe a simple lace pattern? Any advanced beginner/intermediate pattern recommendations?

I have a few sock books in my library:

Knit Socks by Betsy McCarthy

Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi


Socks by Rita Buchanan

I have heard this book recommended on podcasts. I'm wondering if I need to buy it (Or do I have enough books? Does anyone ever have enough books?) Opinions?

2 comments:

tina said...

Silly girl, you never have enough books! Just owning them is balm for the soul. If you are a socky thing, I suggest "Sensational Knitted Socks" by Schurch. Really great book. I have the second volume on my short list.

Elspeth said...

I don't think anyone can have too many books (well, I have sort of been pruning my collection) but Sensational Knitted Socks is a very good book and even more applicable than Knit Socks in that it is more a "recipe" for socks rather than just a list of patterns - you can pick and choose the type of pattern you want to use and apply it to whatever yarn and needles you use. It's a very good book.