Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sometimes the Days Just Crawl By

biding time

Remember when time seemed to go at a snail's pace? The days just seemed to drag by and they felt endless? I haven't felt that way in a while; the last time was in fifth grade, when all I wanted to do was to get out of that classroom and be done with school.

I usually hate the end of the year...half the time, I want to flunk the kids just to spend more time with them. I've been blessed with three great classes during the last four years; all the kids got along, even the hellions have had a certain "bad boy" charm to them that just made me shake my head at them and grin. But this year..oy vey...it seems as though the last day will never come.

6/6
I wrote this last night when I was tired, stressed out from planning a class presentation, and evidently about to have a pity party for myself. Mothers with small children will surely understand the feeling - when the kids have sapped every bit of energy out of you and the only thing you want to do is curl up on the couch with a) potato chips, b) ice cream, c) chocolate, or d) fill in your comfort food here. I like my class, I really do. Granted, some of the kids make me appreciate the quiet in my house more than others, but for the most part, they are a sweet and funny bunch. However, every so often there are those days...

No comments: