Saturday, July 14, 2007

Finally!

Yesterday was a good day. A day that I was able to say, "Finally!" a few times.

I finally finished Chart A of Mystery Shawl #3. Here's proof!
I'm using Zephyr wool/silk in charcoal. The hematite colored beads are from my favorite bead store, Baubles and Beads in Berkeley.

My sister and I took advantage of her day off and finally made it to Point Reyes Station. My brother in law wasn't teaching (he's a tennis pro), so we dragged him along. We had a late lunch at the Station House Cafe; I succumbed to their peer pressure and had the Station House burger, fries, and the three berry pie. (I'm thinking that if I write it smaller, I'll feel less guilt. Oh, who am I kidding? It was mighty fine pie!)

After lunch, we ambled around the main drag for a bit. I peeked into Black Mountain Artisans, where they had a small selection of hand spun/dyed yarns, but sadly, no sock yarn. We also visited a great store called Zuma, where I bought a little bag that is just large enough to keep a sock project safe. It's made out of Thai silk, so it should "fancy up" my plain old "vanilla" sock knitting (no fancy patterns for me until the shawl is finished).
We finished up our little trip with a visit to the Cowgirl Creamery. My sister has been getting into artisan cheeses, so she was in heaven! We each ended up buying some to take back home.

When I got home, my old cat finally decided to leave her favorite mattress pad and come hang out with me on the couch. She doesn't do that nearly enough, now that the new cat is on the scene.
Like I said, yesterday was a good day.

3 comments:

tina said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! Congrats on getting the MS3 to that point! You have passed me for sure-- I'm starting to get really cranky about mine.

As for Pie????? It is (occasionally) good for the soul!

Cece said...

OK - we are making the exact same stole. Fun! Ok - just realized, my beads are clear, but close enough - same color and brand of yarn. Looking great!

Delusional Knitter said...

Your mystery stole looks great and that's a fantastic little bag you found!!