Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mystery Stole #3 & UFO's

I joined the Mystery Stole #3 crowd with great intentions of dedicating myself to one project and sticking to it. I bought some great black lace yarn, started swatching, and began to think, "Yeah, not so happy." Black lace yarn + astigmatism = blurred vision. I should have known I was in trouble when I reached for my glasses on the second row of the test swatch! By the fifth row, even they were not helping much. I think I need a new prescription. I've started over, using JaggerSpun Zephyr in charcoal (a lovely dark grey). My eyes are much happier now. Since I'm so far behind, I've joined the Slow Bees.Like the badge? Bonne Marie of Chic Knits made it! It's nice to know that I'm in such good company. Makes me feel that I can do this! (I think I can, I think I can....you get the drift)

My issues with the black yarn made me procrastinate (procrastiknit?) with MS3, so I have started to dig out some UFO's. I finally finished the knitting on my Noni bag. Unfelted, I think it will fit my yoga mat. I have a front loading washing machine, so I think I will stockpile all my "need to felt" projects and do them all at the same time. I'll probably have better results that way. I wonder if throwing in a pair of old tennis shoes with the lot will help everything felt better...

No comments: